The elements of partnership espoused by the IEQII Project are evident in the IEQ/Jamaica activity. With an emphasis on strengthening the instructional competencies of teacher educators in their preparation of teachers, the partnership was forged to realize the following outcomes:
· Developing revised curricula in selected areas.
· Improving assessment techniques through technical support.
· Producing student teachers who are adequately prepared to implement the National Primary Curriculum.
· Improving the quality of teaching.
· Improving literacy and numeracy among primary school children.